Top 10 Programming Languages to Learn In 2020
The world is becoming smarter day by day with the rapid development of Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, etc. We are witnessing several technological advents and their intervention in our day-to-day activities. And at the heart of these technologies are programming languages. Deciding which programming languages to learn will impact your career and the types of jobs you land up. That’s why it is important we take a look at the top 10 programming languages in 2020.
Here’s a list of top 10 programming languages I’ll be covering in this blog:
- Python is the fastest-growing general-purpose, high-level programming language with an emphasis on code readability
- Java is one of the oldest, most common, in-demand computer programming languages in use today. Well, think of some of your favorite web apps and games. It’s highly likely that Java plays a huge role in the code that makes them work.
- Swift is a general-purpose, open-source language built using a modern approach to safety, performance, and software design patterns. It was developed as an alternative to Objective-C to write applications for iOS and Mac.
- GoLang is one of the latest players in the programming platform. It is an open-source language that makes it easy to create simple, secure, and productive software.
- C# is considered to be one of the most powerful programming languages in the Dot NET framework. It is a powerful, flexible language that gives you a comprehensive programming foundation that is applicable to Java, Objective-C, PHP, and more.
- Scala incorporates functional programming and object-oriented programming concepts. Scala stands for scalable language and is one of many attempts to “rewrite Java” while improving its drawbacks. It tries to make Java more functional by offering advanced features like string comparison advancements, pattern matching, and mixins.
- Kotlin, the Google-endorsed cross-platform language that is meant to interoperate entirely with Java and run on the JVM. Lately, it has become the most-beloved programming language among developers, according to a Stack Overflow survey. One of the most critical factors behind Kotlin’s increasing momentum is its smooth compatibility with the Android Studio 3. In the year 2017, Google declared Kotlin as the official language for android app development. Which is why you will find Kotlin in almost all the top 10 programming languages lists.
- Ruby is one of the most popular languages, developed in Japan in the mid-1990s. It is a dynamic language that was constructed with an aim to simplify the programming task and making it more fun. Its popularity is bolstered on Ruby on Rails, a full-stack web application framework that runs Ruby. The downside of Ruby is that being a dynamically typed language, it is not very easy to maintain and its flexibility makes it’s slow.